Saturday, June 20, 2009

BABY BUSINESS SKIRT

Dada finally decided to part with one of his favourite business shirts that simply didn't fit anymore and I couldn't bare to part with it completely so it now has a new life as something we're calling Elsa's "baby business skirt". There's still some material left over that I hope to convert to shorts for the new baby. The sleeves and collar came off, I narrowed the front with seams on either side, put casing around the top for an elastic waist and sewed some bias-binding around the bottom (well, not before these photos were taken!) and, there you have it. I like the way the small pleat from the back of the shirt sits in the middle of the front - or is that the back? I'm undecided....guess it can change from wear to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment