Tuesday, November 1, 2011

FIVE ONES (17 down)

(Here we are sharing/counting UP Forty Days and Forty Nights of our lives, our last on the inner-west side of town and, eventually, some of our first on the other (far) side of town, where we envisage some big changes coming our way. Thanks for joining us as we remember, celebrate and experience gratitude for our time here, and sometimes feel completely overwhelmed and exhausted by the changes underway!)

1/11/11 - the date...five ones...just thought I'd point that out!

Meet our pirate-witch (why not!) and pirate - feeling grateful for our dress-up drawers!
 We had great fun last night as we 'trick or treat-ed' our way around our (very) immediate nieghbourhood.  Given that Halloween is not particularly popular in this neck of the world (YET!), we took it upon ourselves to stash some lollies at the homes of a few friendly neighbours and requested that they play along with this part-Canadian family. Thankfully, they all agreed to do so and acted convincingly surprised and coincidentially, ready with some of our kids favourite lollies, and plenty new ones (we couldn't resist)! The kids were in heaven.

Afterwards, we came home to chat about all things confectionary, eat a little of it, drink warm milk and listen to Dada share stories of his favourite childhood Halloween costumes and experiences. Such a wonderful, fun-filled night. I dare say it will be repeated on an annual basis!

"Are you people kidding, yesterday you denied me some extra honey on my toast!"
And at bedtime, Elsa, still overwhelmingly happy with the events of the night, while hugging me said "Mama, I love you so much I could choke you" and then, "Mama, I love Dada and Rafael so much I could choke them too". Thankfully, I knew she didn't intend any harm! But she did hug me very tight!. And finally, a half asleep Elsa asked "Mama, can we trick or treat every Monday night?". I'll think about it.

1 comment:

  1. Those faces!! Such excitement! What fun the neighbours would have had opening the door to those bonny pirates.

    ReplyDelete