Friday, May 25, 2012

SOCKS UP TOP


Some years ago, I made a pair of socks out of this yarn for Mum and now, Rafael is wearing the left over yarn from that project in this hat. I last made this hat for Elsa for her second birthday (sadly, we can't find it - perhaps a victim of the move?).


But again, he's not wearing it much because, well, he already has one that suits him, but I wanted to knit this because I had only enough yarn to knit the size required for his 2 1/2 year old head and basically, didn't want to miss the chance to see him in this yarn/hat.


This is 'sock yarn' but, it can be used for so much else. It's very fine (I use 2 to 2.25mm needles) and lovely to knit with. I enjoy watching the pre-printed pattern in the yarn develop as the hat grew. 



No comments:

Post a Comment